Wednesday 18 January 2017

Review: Arranging love, contemporary way!

Arranging love, contemporary way! Arranging love, contemporary way! by Poornima Dhiman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Best way to begin this year..
This is 1st book I started this year (1st completed book was from last year :P ), and I wish the whole book year be the same!

The story is about a girl. Facts which make the story is, that girl is - 30, independent, strong-willed, cheated in her 3 year old relationship, Indian.
Though I use the word story, when I read the book.. I felt like I am reading the journal of a girl.
Honest. Straight-forward. Lethal.

It's not easy to be a girl in India. Yes, I am a patriotic Indian. No questions on that .. I am just stating the fact, which is so true.
This society is still digging lot of pits for woman.
She can't make her life decisions on her own. She can't decide her marriage age. She can't be the breadwinner of a family. She can't do so many things.
Author Poornima just hit all the can'ts with valid whys...!

I strongly believe that most of the incidents in this story is inspired by Author's or her immediate circle's experience.
You just can't get all the facts right on without experience!
Relationship.. Break-up.. Betrayal.. Getting over it.. Unable to find any right person.. Situations faced by single.. All are right on target!

Too many negative male characters in the novel. Too bad that Ananya didn't meet any guy who is not negative!!!
But .. That's the concept of this story :) A girl who couldn't find any guy whom she like ..

Hard to believe it is a debut novel. A good, decent work from author.
Expecting more from her ...

Any woman, who have her own dream, should read this book.
Definitely an inspiration. Especially the 'Note to self' in the end.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment