Sunday 6 December 2015

Review: The Assassin Lotus

The Assassin Lotus The Assassin Lotus by David Angsten
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A thriller embedded with western (Asian) philosophies.

The story starts in Rome and soon moves to Asia.
This is a self-narrating style novel but narration is did by two (two persons self narrate story from their end). Includes some very old religions and cults.

Beginning of the story made me frown. Why does that it has to be Islam when it comes to terrorism?!
Then when the story moves on, I moved on. It was the same mistake people are doing in reality. A group of *** people from specific religion create chaos using religion as their shield. Just a bunch of idiots who misunderstood religion.

Best part about the novel is the embedded philosophy/religious statements. Islam, Buddhism and Hindu philosophies. Though Islam philosophies are used in wrong situations, it is good to read them. After all it's our mind which makes a statement meaningful!

Though the citations mentioned in novel are true (for which I must appreciate the author, David, for his hard-work), I seriously doubt whether it is possible in reality. All the border crossing, killing, etc etc.
But, this is a fiction novel and I shouldn't stress up much on it's reality.

The author mentioned that this is mixture of western philosophies and blood spilled thriller, and he was not sure whether people who like one genre will like the other.
I don't think who should doubt it. It is a perfect mixture of both and being a fan of both, I liked it.
A good read indeed.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment